- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Organic Butternut Squash soup
- Frozen blend of collard green, mustard green and kale
- Red onion
- Organic Vegetable bullion
- Chunks of a leftover rotisserie chicken from local supermarket
- Italian blend of frozen vegetables
- Two tablespoons butter
- Season and salt to taste
Feeds approximately 4 - 5 adults
I just bought the ingredients and threw them together to mimic a similar soup my mother would make from scratch during the winter. I emptied a container of butternut squash soup and allowed it to simmer. I then cut up 1/3 a pound of raw chicken thighs with kitchen scissors. Threw the raw chicken into the simmering pot early on to ensure it would cook thoroughly. I then added the remainder of the ingredients and allowed to simmer on medium and then low for a while.
This was so delicious and fed 3 adults and 1 toddler well, inclusive of seconds. Use your judgement and have fun while cooking. Throw in your favorite vegetables and seasons.