To have a healthier and happier family my husband and I have decided to eat more raw and organic foods. We want our children to have strong immune systems and prevent disease before they happen. Our goal over time is to increase our raw fruit and veggie consumption to 50% in the coming months. Last night's dinner included:
- White rice with organic vegetable bullion and mixed veggies
- Broiled "natural chicken"
- Freshly Brewed Organic Green and Echinacea Iced Tea sweetened with raw honey and organic sugar
- A salad made from organic beets, organic squash, organic spinach, organic green onion, almond cheese and home made vinaigrette
My home made viniagreette was made from what ever I had in our kitchen:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Organic fresh Rosemary
- Dried Oregano
- Dijon Mustard
- Raw Organic Honey
Dinner was delish and everyone loved it, even the toddler. I think I will invest in a food processor soon so that the kids can enjoy more raw foods.