Most baked goods in my household are organic or semi organic because I only buy organic flour, milk and eggs for my household. Keep in mind that you can make these either way. I do recommend a high quality vanilla because that really makes the difference. This is super moist because of the finely ground baby carrots. This is complimented with a frosting with just the right touch of sweetness and optional chopped nuts.
Carrot Cupcakes Ingredients
- 1½ cups granulated sugar (I usually use organic)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (Organic) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (the best quality you can find)
- ½ teaspoon salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- 2½ to 3 cups cups finely grated baby carrots (laborious but it is much yummier with baby carrots)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Baking Cups (I use unbleached, environmentally friendly and chlorine free cups. They are MUCH EASIER to pull off)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place baking cups in cupcake pan (makes about 2 dozen large cupcakes).
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and the salt; Whisk to combine.
- Combine dry mixture into wet mixture a little at a time.
- Add vanilla and stir in the carrots.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 the way with mix.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack and make Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
(You can buy the organic version of these ingredients for a real treat)
- 1 (8 oz) packs cream cheese, softened
- 2 or more tablespoons milk
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Add softened cream cheese into large bowl.
- Add milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour in half of the powdered sugar.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
// <![CDATA[</p> <p>// ]]</p></div>